Our Research Strategy
Our research strategy describes in detail the strategic direction and ambitions of our research programme to develop and strengthen our research portfolio in the coming years.
Key priorities for achieving our vision are to increase grant applications in collaboration with academic partners that will in turn increase our income, strengthen collaborations, and raise our research portfolio. We will also prioritise the creation of joint appointments with University of York and the creation of our first academic department.
Our ambitions are focused around our six strategic themes with 4 cross cutting enabling objectives that we will deliver against in the coming years, that are as follows:
- Strategic Theme 1 Research enabled by Innovation and Improvement
- Strategic Theme 2 Enabling Research into our Culture
- Strategic Theme 3 Sustainable and Empowered Research Workforce
- Strategic Theme 4 Responsive and Relevant Research and Innovation
- Strategic Theme 5 Strategic Collaborations and Multi-Disciplinary Networks
- Strategic Theme 6 Enhanced Patient Experience and Involvement
Cross cutting enabling objectives, that are as follows:
- Cross cutting enabling objective 1 Developing research informatics
- Cross cutting enabling objective 2 Utilising technology to aid research
- Cross cutting enabling objective 3 Creating a research workforce for the future
- Cross cutting enabling objective 4 Creating financial sustainability
Click here to read our research strategy