We are an experienced team of dedicated research specific pharmacy staff. The Pharmacy Clinical Trials team is based at the York site but provides a service for the Scarborough and Bridlington sites, as well as other units such as the sexual health clinics which form part of the Trust.
The teams consist of a Clinical Trials Pharmacy Manager, Senior Pharmacy Technician and Pharmacy Assistant, the service is supported and overseen by the Deputy Chief Pharmacist. The team has many years' experience in delivering Clinical Trials of Investigational Medicinal Products (CTIMPs).
Research interests and support:
We provide a pharmacy clinical trials service for both commercial and non-commercial trials, covering a range of specialities such as:
- Oncology and Haematology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Sexual Health
The Pharmacy Clinical Trials Service has supported studies involving controlled drugs, GMOs, vaccines and medical devices. We carry out all aspects of supporting the safe and efficient running of a clinical trial including: dispensing, procuring IMP, disposal of waste products, maintaining the blind and secure monitored storage.
We are also involved with the training and development of pharmacy trainees and other healthcare professionals. So from time to time our team will host pharmacy students while they learn about the role pharmacy plays in delivering a clinical trials service.
- Temperature monitored fridges and freezers
- Dedicated temperature monitored clinical trials dispensary
- Hospital transport between sites and our units
- Validated shipping/transporting equipment
- Dedicated space for sponsor monitoring visits
- Aseptic unit - facilitating the preparation of chemotherapy and centralised intravenous additives (CIVA) products. The aseptic unit also includes a Radio-pharmacy suite.
Poppy Cottrell-Howe - Clinical Trials Pharmacy Manager
Cheryl Donne - Pharmacy Technician
Tel: York site - 01904 721684